Laser hair reduction is done with a diode laser.
How Laser Works
The laser fires a concentrated beam of light, which is specifically absorbed by the melanin pigment in your hair follicles. This leads to heat production in hair follicles, leading to its destruction.
It is a colour sensitive laser that works best on black, dark and thick hair. These hair treatments work over a number of sittings done at regular intervals. The approximate number of sittings that will be required, will be discussed with you during consultation.
- Waxing, bleaching or threading should be avoided 4 weeks prior to laser sitting
- Don’t shave the area at least 48 hours prior to laser treatment.
- During the procedure, you will be given protective glasses to wear. After applying gel to the area to be treated laser beam will be given, you will feel slight warmth.
- Apply cool packs or wet compresses after the procedure, followed by a good SPF sunscreen.
- Avoid sun exposure before and after the procedure for at least 1 week Be liberal with your moisturisers and sunscreens
Post Treatment Care
- Make sure you avoid the sun for at least the next 2 days.
- Make-up is a good thing; it creates a layer above and protects the skin so you may use it.
- Be liberal with your moisturizers and sunscreens
What to do in between the laser sessions?
In between your hair reduction laser sessions you could use any mode of hair removal except waxing, threading and plucking. You can shave or trim the hair if required. Please do not hesitate to call us if you see any unusual change in your skin post laser like pigmentation, burning or redness.
How many Sessions?
The number of sessions depends on the area of the body being treated. Notably, upper parts like the face and underarms require around 8 to 10 sessions to achieve desired results compared to 6 to 8 sessions for the bikini line and legs. After which, 2 or more touch-up treatments every year maybe needed.