Hairline design is the most important part of the hair transplant. The ability to create a natural hairline has dramatically increased over the years. The hairline should be naturally full and seamless. We are better equipped now than in the past, to create hairlines that meet these higher expectations.
This extended hairline region can then be divided into three smaller zones:
- The anterior portion which is the traditional transitional zone, this zone must have micro and macro irregularity to avoid the linear and artificial look of the hairline
- The posterior portion is called the defined zone. In this area, the hairline should develop a higher degree of definition and density, yet still appear totally natural (undetectable) under close examination. Concentrating two and three- hair FU’s in this area nicely accomplishes both goals. Density in this zone creates a fuller-looking hairline
- A small oval area in the central portion of the defined zone is called the frontal tuft area. The frontal tuft is a small but aesthetically significant oval area that overlies the central portion of the defined zone directly behind the transition zone in the midline.
Anterior Border Of The Hairline
Too low or too above is more embarrassing. Some guidelines for locating the anterior border of the hairline include:
- Four finger widths above the eyebrows
- 8-10 cm above the eyebrows
These guidelines have to be modified according to the individual needs, degree of baldness and grafts availability. In patients with more severe degrees of hair loss, raising the hairline by as much as 1-2 cm may be appropriate. In patients with more severe degrees of hair loss, raising the hairline by as much as 1-2 cm may be appropriate.
Lateral Border Of The Hairline & The Frontal Temporal Angle
Properly positioning of frontal and temporal hairlines and recreating a soft frontal-temporal angle is one of the more difficult aspects of hairline recreation. FU’s are particularly useful for this task. Blunting this angle or placing it too low will cause an unnatural look.
How We Proceed?
We discuss thoroughly with the patients the future desired hairline , which suits the person face , personality , age and profession . our aim is always to create it as natural as it can be with our best efforts . special care is taken to put individual graft at particular direction , angles to make it seamless !!